With the beginning of a new year, it’s time to introduce a fresh look into your home too. However, with all of the home décor trends available, it’s hard to know what’s trending versus what’s no longer fashionable. There’s no need to worry, though! We’ve created the list below of some of the biggest home décor trends in 2017.
- Terracotta tiles in a natural matte finish will replace 2016’s popular tones of cools and whites. In addition, instead of being used as border tiles, they will be used as feature walls in bathrooms or for covering fireplaces.
- Cork is trending once again this year as a stylish material that has two purposes: to absorb noise in open concept homes and to add warmth and texture to spaces. Some may even choose to cover one of their home office walls entirely in cork to be utilized as a bulletin board!
- Shades of green will be popular once again and will be used throughout the entire home. Whether you paint the walls green or choose a green rug to add a special touch to a room, 2017 will be the year for green to shine! Another suggestion is to add pretty, emerald green glasses to your dinnerware to complement white china.
- Bringing the luxury of an upholstered bedhead to your bedroom is an easy way to add instant glamour, while keeping your bedroom trendy and hip.
- Escapism in our own homes is becoming increasingly popular, as we spend more and more time looking at computerized screens. Think comfy furniture and materials such as deep sofas, oversized love seats and floor cushions to adorn a relaxing space where your brain can turn off.
- Jewel tones inspired by metals, space, stars and clouds will add a touch of interest to your home. In addition, a soft, romantic element in fabrics such as floaty silks and sheers can provide a light, airy feel to any room in your home.
- The tropical prints trend can easily be incorporated into your home by changing up your throw pillows on your sofa.
- Incorporating texture into your home by mixing fabrics and materials to objects such as light fixtures, wallpapers and tables is a great way to make your home’s interior more inviting. A quick way to integrate this latest trend is to mix fabrics used for throw pillows or to drape a wool throw over a leather chair.
Choosing some quick, inexpensive ways to incorporate some of the home décor trends above may be just the refresh your home requires in 2017! To change things up easily, think about getting new pictures, painting an accent wall or changing the fabric on your sofa. If your home is going on the market this year, it’s especially important to get it looking its best. The professional team at Woolcott Realty is here to help you get your home market ready. Contact our team today!