When friends and family purchase their first home and move to a new address, it’s only natural to want to get them something to celebrate. Think of housewarming gifts as a lesser wedding present – that is, you are giving something they will be using in their new home, but you shouldn’t be shelling out the big bucks. Choosing what to buy can be a bit of a challenge because you don’t want to impose on their already chosen décor but you want to add something special – no matter how minor – to their new nest.
Here are 10 great housewarming gifts for first-time homeowners:
- Basic Tool Kit – It doesn’t need to be expensive but it will always come in handy on moving day a far into the future.
- New Keys – Consider a new handle and lockset or hire a key service West Palm Beach to re-key all the doors including the garage to use one key.
- House Plants – Plants brighten up every space. Anybody can grow indoor house plants if they have the right plants. Popular, hard-to-kill plants choices are a spider plant, peace lily, snake plant, philodendron or rubber tree.
- Garden Tools – Helpful for novice and seasoned gardeners.
- Bath Towels – Fresh, clean towels in soft neutrals are always a treat to have on hand. Bundle them with soaps and candles and create a spa-like present.
- Magazine Subscriptions – A subscription that supports their style of home and or lifestyle.
- Jars of Spices – The costs add up when stocking the kitchen. Labeled and filled spice jars paired with a favourite cookbook will be appreciated.
- BBQ Grill/BBQ Tools – There are a myriad of accessories available – tongs, spatulas, meat thermometers and oven mitts.
- Stepstool – Especially for the shorter person as it always comes in handy.
- Pillows – New feather pillows (or hypo allergenic) for the master bedroom and add a luxurious throw blanket.